This week I read an article on what not to ask in an
interview. I found it interesting because as long as I can remember anyone that
has ever told me about how to handle an interview has said to ask questions but
no one has said to not ask these questions. Although there are a few questions
that seem like common sense not to ask if you don’t want to seem suspicious but
anyway here it goes. The first question is “what does the company do?” It
should be understood the applicant knows what he or shoe is applying for so I
think I’m going to gloss over this one. The next one the “What’s your drug
testing policy?” This one makes sense not to ask because then it seems like the
applicant has some kind of drug problem to hide. Another question to not ask is
“How long until I can have your job?” I think if anyone were to ever ask this
question it would be because they are tying to convey some level of work ethic
or something but I can imagine from the other side of the table its an annoying
question to deal with. Asking about overtime is also frowned upon. This is
because it can give the employer the impression that the applicant won’t work
as efficiently in order to get overtime hours. The last of the questions
mentioned are anything to do with what has already been said in the interview.
The last thing the interviewer wants to see is the interviewee not paying
attention during the interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment